The Bedford County Amateur Radio Society was formed in 1959 in order to promote the use of amateur radio within the community and to support Bedford County with public and emergency communications. Anyone with an interest in Amateur Radio is welcome to join us. We meet on the first Thursday of each month at theBedford County Courthouse. Meeting time is 7:30pm.
Throughout the years, BCARS has maintained a close relationship with Bedford County Emergency Operations, providing communications as needed in disaster situations, as well as assisting with communications at county events. As such, the club has maintained its presence with first the Court House, then the county 911 center, and ultimately moving with the 911 back into the renovated and expanded county court house. Learn more about our history on our history page.
- Membership is open to anyone interested in Amateur Radio.
- Annual Dues: $20 per individual
- Questions? Contact the club secretary.
- 7:30 PM, First Thursday of every month
- Takes place at the Bedford County Courthouse, 230 Juliana St., Bedford, PA 15522.
- Third floor conference room. We meet by the second story parking garage exit.
Weekly Nets take place every Tuesday nigh at 2000 local time. See our On The Air page for more information about our repeaters and weekly nets.
BCARS Lloyd Roach
120 W. Watson St
Bedford, PA 15522
- President (2017-2018): Kenny Burtnett, WB3JEK
- Vice President (2017-2018): Gary Metivier, KC3HKZ
- Secretary (2016-2017): Lloyd Roach, K3QNT (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer (2017-2018): Steven Stiffler, KC3DNB
- Activities Manager (2016-2017): Stephen Wurm, KE3ZT
- 5-year Trustee (2013-2017): Steven Elliot, KA3UDR
- 2-year Trustee (2017-2018): Jay Cessna, WA3UXP
- 1-year Trustee (2017) :Robert Young, KC3CMI
- Mark Liebfreid, KC3CMF (email@example.com)
- Lloyd Roach, K3QNT (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ARES/RACES Emergency Coordinator:
- Steve Ellitiot, KA3UDR (email@example.com)
- John Hogenmiller, KB3DFZ (firstname.lastname@example.org)