7th Annual Float For Charity
- Date: Saturday May 16, 2015
- Time: 9:00 AM Registration. 12:00 PM Launch.
Launch from Joe Ritchey Bridge, Tatesville, PA.
Take out at Cooper’s Recreation Area, Hopewell, PA 16650.
- Length: 10 Miles
- Benefiting: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Election Day Coverage
On the 19th we will need as many people to have their vehicles ready to go with communications and with a generator for the election day event. Just call KA3UDR on the 145.490 machine and let me know that you are on standby and I will turn a list into the EMA Director.
Western PA ARES Conference
On May 30th the Western PA ARES Conference will be held at UPJ in Johnstown. Their will be an exercise in the afternoon and they will be using a Mesh Network for the exercise. They are looking at doing a simulated explosion similar to what happened at the Boston Marathon, may change by the time of the event. If you are interested in helping out your community and being involved in emergency communications, you will want to attend this event.
- Admission free!
- Talk-in on 146.940 Mhz (pl 123) WA3WGN Cambria Radio Club / Cambria ARES. Wide area coverage.
- Please register here so we can estimate turnout
- Dorm rooms available for Friday night. Contact W3YJ for more info.
- Please visit www.wpaares.org for more information.
Leave a Reply